6.20.2005

[Musings] Blog Silent, Blog Deep

Still running in 'stealth' mode. This summer has not turned out like I hoped it would be, not bad, just different. Nerdwife and I have been working very hard to give up the glamorous life of owning two houses. I hope the housing market holds for a few months yet so that we can sell our old house to at least get something out of it.

I know it is silly of me to worry over what I can get out of the sale of a house when there are people everywhere who do not own homes, or even have a place to live out of the elements. I have lived in that house for 11 years, owned it for 10. That house and its needs have consumed parts of me, time, youth, energy, money, emotions.

Am I a bad person for wanting something in return? We had thought about donating the house to charity (if you can even do that), but we still owe money on it, which sinks that idea. I hope someone will want it.

No comments: