2.16.2005

[Sci-Fi] Sigh...

I am reading the novel Double Eagle by Dan Abnett and I love it. It is set in the Warhammer 40k universe and follows the plight of the Imperial Phantine Air Group who were introduced in Abnett's Gaunt's Ghosts series.

Reading good sci-fi books like this one transport me to the world. Abnett is a talented writer and deserves much credit. I so far have read all of his Gaunt's books and enjoyed every one. In addition he also wrote the Inquisitor Eisenhorn trilogy Xenos, Malleus, Hereticus and each one was rich with the Warhammer 40k Universe.

It is times like this that I wish Games Workshop had better video game offerings.

A few things I would like to see:

- an epic class 3d war simulator set in Armaggedon with full range of control, armies, and storyline
- a flight sim (MMOCFS like Aces High?) set in the WH40k universe
- a Titan war machine simulator
- a WH40k MMORPG (I know they started development on a Warhammer [fantasy] based on but stopped)

Ah well. I guess if I need a fix of aerial combat, there is Aces High (http://www.hitechcreations.com), I just wish my old squadron was still together (the Flying Whirlpools of Suck).

No comments: