7.14.2005

[Musings] Work

Work since I switched jobs has been going well. I like my new job and my new team. I miss my old team members very much, but I do not miss the work.

I am oncall again, which is always more stressful than usual. Oncall has been getting better as the team gels more and things are improved.

I just finished upgrading one of the major core components at work here, without incident. It took months of planning, preparation, coordination, and work, but it paid off. The systems were upgraded, the OS was upgraded and the clustering software was upgraded. In addition the dependency layout within the cluster was re-arranged and made more robust (and complex).

I've worked 7 out of the last 9 weekend. I need to change that. But the work that is being done will make it less likely to need to do more weekend work in the future, so I guess it is worth it.

No comments: