2.07.2006

[Musings] Pain and Darkness

Starting a new diet today. I am fat, well technically obese. I am otherwise healthy (physically). My new diet, some of which I have already started, is based off of the fact that my most unhealthy eating is during the day at work. I work with all things *NIX. It means I sit...a lot. Since starting my new life I have become more active, and walk a lot more, but I am still eating crappy and I am not losing my weight. In January I joined the gym at work, because it is only $5/month. I have been trying (except for when I hurt my back and even walking was painful) to go at least 3 days a week and at least 1 weekend day. I have switched from sugared coca-cola to diet coke. And still the pounds have not gone off. Since I have started exercising regularly, and cut most sugar out of my life, it must be what I eat. So here is my new diet plan:

Monday - lunch: sandwich, diet cola
Tuesday - lunch: salad, no dressing, diet cola
Wednesday - lunch: sandwich or soup, diet cola
Thursday - lunch: salad, no dressing, diet cola
Friday - lunch: sandwich, diet cola
Saturday - free menu, 1/2 portions
Sunday - free menu, 1/2 portions

I want to ease into this, all my past dieting attempts have been cold turkey and that is why they failed.

There is not much else I can cut out, I have drastically (but not elminiated) meat consumption, I eat bread, and that is a weakness of mine, but I despise the Atkin's diet and think it is dangerously unhealthy. Pizza is a problem, and one I am addressing.

My goal is not so much weight based (20-40lbs would be nice), but rather that I would like to fit into pants two sizes smaller than I am wearing now.

No comments: