1.05.2007

Casual Friday { Coffee with a distinct flavor of bacon

This morning when I took the first sip of my morning coffee, I could swear I tasted the subtle meaty hints of bacon...mmm...bacon. This sensation continued through the first half-dozen sips, finally washing away. Could this be why I like this coffee from this specific place so much? Or is it a symptom of something I should be wary of, a sensory hallucination. Perhaps the pastry I was nibbling on with the coffee was cooked with lard (or bacon grease). But this sensation set me adrift down memory lane (something I've heard is that tastes, smells and sounds can invoke powerful memories) on a meat filled excursion through my past. My conclusion is that I've eaten a lot of meat, and the meat tastes good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heathen.

;}