3.06.2006

[Music] 'Huddle Formation' by The Go! Team

So originally I thought the lyrics on the various internet sites were wrong. But when I saw this video (I think it is by a fan, not the band...) I changed my mind, this version does sound like the lyrics posted below.

This from http://www.lyricsdir.com/the-go-team-huddle-formation-lyrics.html

standing on the board
board is on the wheels
wheels are on the ground
spinning round and round



I could swear it is closer to this:

banging on the floor
so we can feel the beat
shut that off
so we can all sing


But again, I am only going off what I can discern from what I hear on the album. It is very difficult to tell because the song is a mix of various genres.

update

from the go-team message board thread titled 'Huddle formation sourced':

Go check 'Skateboard song' by Norma Tracy and the Cinderella Kids compiled on Girls in the Garage Vol. 8 for the chorus of Huddle Formation (original version).



So I did some digging, here are the lyrics to the 'Skateboard Song', Norma Tracy and the Cinderella Kids were a band in the 1960s and this song is frequently credited as the first skateboard related song. Unfortunately I was unable to un-earth original lyrics, this group was pretty obscure. I still do not think the lyrics I found are 100%, but I guess they are close.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you go to youtube.com and type in The Go! Team - Huddle Formation like that you should find a live version of the song that you can understand the lyrics to, i believe the chrous goes:

keep banging on the door
coz we cant hear a thing
keep turning down the power
coz we can always sing

(heres the youtube link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uih01cpreRQ)

Anonymous said...

Hey.
im the person who left the coment about tyring youtube.com for ;yrics and left the youtube link.

just to say that theres a few different versions to the song, alot of people have different versions of their songs done to try and please fans with different tastes.
i believe this is the best version, its my favourite.
x

Pernox said...

Thank you! That version seems to make the most sense.