3.25.2006

[Question] Name This Play

I am wracking my brain trying to remember the name of a play, a scene of which was performed for my Theatre class (that would have been almost a decade ago). I thought it was Tennessee Williams, but I'm not finding any material that matches what I remember. The scene is God and the Devil (or a fallen angel?) debating the nature of human free will, et al. God makes some remark about humanity having the ability to see the true nature of the world (via science, etc.) and see the "X of my art", where X was either physics, or design, or nature, or something along those lines.

This ranks up there with GeistX' Hooverphonic 'Renaissance Affair' thing...

UPDATE: For the record, the play is "The Creation of the World and Other Business" by Arthur Miller.

1 comment:

Pernox said...

Damnit I know which scene you speak of, but I too cannot remember the name. Was it Arthur Miller?