3.24.2006

[Rant] The ignorance of the Suburban sub-species truly boggles the mind.

"Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people..." - Refreshments, "Banditos"

The setting: Chipotle

The target of rant: Blonde, bland, SUV driving, Suburban Soccer Mom (homo sapien suburbicus)

I am standing in line at Chipotle at 20:00 waiting to order. Ahead of me is the customer from hell. Here is a transcript:

Customer (BBSDSSM): "I would like the beef tacos."

Server: "Barbacoa or Steak?"

BBSDSSM: "I don't want steak, I want beef."

Server: "Si, which type the Barbacoa or Steak?"

BBSDSSM: "I don't want steak, just give me the beef!"

Server at this points makes the Barbacoa because she has been quite adamant about not wanting the steak.

At the cash register.

BBSDSSM: "Wait! What is this?!? I wanted the beef!"

Cashier: "Its barbacoa, it is beef."

BBSDSSM: "I don't want that! Its too spicy! Give me the beef."

Cashier: "The only other beef when have is the steak, steak is beef."

BBSDSSM: "Fine give me that."

They then proceed to throw away the Barbacoa tacos and make three steak tacos.

The truly sad thing is that she had kids.

No comments: