7.09.2007

politics { 4th Branch of Government?

Last Friday, Nerdwife and I went to a fascinating open panel, multidisciplinary discussion on Catastrophe and Time put on by the U of MN's Institute for Advanced Study, which was part of their larger 'Symposium on Time'. It was fascinating. People from all academic, philosophical, educational, arts, and backgrounds were present.

But that is a topic for another time, what I am asking is one of the members was mentioning Bush implemented a 4th Branch of government last week. I've tried to find some information about this, but all I could find are some vague references about 'The Administrative Branch' which is composed of the bureaucracy led by people appointed by the President. Is this the case? Please let me know. It was also mentioned as part of the latest 'constitutional crisis.'

No comments: