7.20.2006

Global { Have you heard?

Its World War III (per Gingrich).

Truth? FUD? I find it ever increasingly hard to listen to politicans because in this age of high noise to signal in everything people seem to not be able to get attention without using shocking phrases or poking primal emotions (like fear). I would be curious to see if the suicide rate is up in this country (as well as/vs globally). Seems like the talking point last Sunday on the talk circuits was to use the words 'WWIII' (and as the Daily Show pointed out one guy even said WWIV).

We waste our time on a pointless war and on pointless and meaningless distraction issues (bickering over flag burning, the phantom threat of gay marriage) while the real threats approach to consume us (and by this I do not mean the big bad boogey man terrorist or North Korea, or Iran, alone, increasing poverty, lack of health care, rising debt is as deadly).

I don't know whether to play 'Sunday, Bloody Sunday' (U2), 'Its the End of the World as we know it (and I feel fine)' (REM), 'Clint Eastwood' (Gorillaz) or 'Float On' (Modest Mouse).

Fact is fiction now, and for most TV is reality.

It has started with an earthquake, there are bombs, snakes and aeroplanes.

I am happy and I'm feeling fine, don't know if I have sunshine in a bag.

Perhaps we'll float on ok and we'll all be ok.

Maybe I should play 'Ocean Breathes Salty' (MM)...have we wasted life? Will we waste the afterlife?

Make love not war, with yourself if you have to (love the one your with). Swords into plowshares. Stop, listen, and hear. We have only fear itself to fear (borrowing a quote). We can end this if we want to, its never too late.

No comments: