7.12.2006

[Gripe] Good Taste and Ephemera of Manufactured Products

Never seems to fail.

1) Find a product I actually like.
2) Fail to purchase item in a timely manner or purchase a consumable product in insufficient quantity.
3) Item is discontinued (good taste is rarely popular).
4) Find product again on vintage or auction site for 4X what it cost in the first place.
5) Pay small fortune for product I actually like.

I have a rather well-honed gift of being able to go into any catalog or store, find the one thing that I'd actually like to own, it will be the most expensive thing offered, and will be discontinued in short order.

On the upside, I have learned from this cycle of events that I should know what I want and be unafraid to jump when I find it. Also, that having some extra cash stashed away for when such items actually come around is a good thing.

If I were smarter, I'd being hoarding really good stuff early on so I don't run out.

No comments: