10.02.2006

Politics { Interesting and Tragic...

Day starts off with news that a member of the House of Representatives sexually harassed under-aged pages and the GOP leadership covers it up, then suddenly all news coverage is focused on the shooting of six in Pennsylvania.

The shootings are tragic, never get the impression that I marginalize the loss of human life in such a violent fashion. However the conspiracy theorist in me is screaming to get out.

I wonder if anyone has done a correlation over the last six years to the number of times the shit hits the fan for the Republicans and suddenly we distracted by shootings, abducted blond-white girls in the Bahamas, or terror alert level increases (2003 saw a record number of what I would call 'chicken-little' scenarios)?

1 comment:

AllThingsSpring said...

There will always be an opportunity to wag the dog. Personally, I'm kinda with Susie Bright on this one...