2.28.2007

Commerce/Tech { A Fitting End

Every CompUSA in Minnesota is closing.

Don't expect me to shed any tears. Your selection was terrible, your prices were outrageous, your coupon refunds were annoying, and your sales staff were assholes.

I was never treated like anything above excrement when I was there, and I decided I'd had enough a while back and never did any business there again. Given that I'm an IT professional and have an annual budget in the tens of thousands of dollars, your crappy company might have earned some of that scrip if you had bothered to treat me like a valued customer.

I wouldn't even shop at CompUSA in an emergency. There are a number of other computer parts suppliers, and they don't generally make my blood pressure rise like your employees did.

Good riddance.

2 comments:

GeekGoddess said...

Well, said. Very well, said.

Pernox said...

I still remember the ass-goblin at the Roseville store telling a lady that there's no way to get SCSI on your PC at home (while standing next to the SCSI adapter card isle).

Seriously that guy bothered me. He was an older gent with balding gray hair. A smugness present in a lot of that breed of pseudo-geek. Because he works at CompUSA he is somehow smarter in the ways of computers than you.

Damn it, thanks for bring back those memories...now I'm pissed.

God that guy was such a fuck-tard.