2.01.2007

Books { Potter's end

Book Seven is due out July 21, 2007, a week after the 5th feature film debuts in the States, quelling the rumors of 'seven being the most magical of numbers' and having the book come out 7-7-7, a week before instead.

I'll have to pick up the Americanized version in July, as my preferred British Special Edition Hardcover won't likely be out until the end of this year, and it is not like I'm going to wait to read the ending. Just gives me an excuse to revisit the last book later in the year when my Brit text version arrives.

In any case, the final book will be a bittersweet thing when I finish it. Rowling has indicated that "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" is the final book in the series, although she has left herself open to more charity books like "Quidditch Through the Ages" and "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". C'mon Encyclopedia of Wizardry and Hogwarts: A History! I'd love to see a Harry Potter version of Tolkein's Silmarillion, if a bit lower key.

Happy Imbolc.

UPDATE: Looks like the Book Seven British Special Edition Hardcover is due out at the same time ! No more waiting months! I preordered it but odds are I won't get it for a few days after the 21st, so I'll have to walk around with my fingers in my ears for a week or so.

No comments: