9.09.2006

[Politics] 2006 Minnesota State Primary

Tuesday September 12 is the statewide electoral primary in Minnesota. Here are my personal endorsements for office. Please note I am not a part of any of these campaigns, and these opinions are only my own:

U.S. SENATE - Amy Klobuchar

5th DISTRICT US CONGRESS - Mike Erlandson
(this was a tough one, and I honestly thought about no endorsement. I have met the candidates running and I think Mike Erlandson is the best choice. I was completely unimpressed by Keith Ellison, despite the fact that Ellison has more progressive cred, I never got the sense that he knew what he was talking about or had any solid ideas for fixing the many problems our government needs to fix. Mike seemed to have some genuine ideas of HOW, where as Ellison just spoke soundbites that were meant to resonate with liberals like myself. There are also worse things than having a Democrat in the Martin Sabo mold who is actually interested in fiscally sound policy.)

GOVERNOR - Becky Lourey
(I will not vote for Mike Hatch in the primary. He's just not the man I want to give my vote to. He's pissed off Democrats with his style, and I'm not sure it would work well as governor. The man is a tenacious attorney general, but for Governor I have to give my vote to Becky.)

ATTORNEY GENERAL - Steve Kelley

SECRETARY OF STATE - Mark Ritchie

STATE AUDITOR - Rebecca Otto

Please vote on Tuesday!

No comments: