9.27.2006

Tech { Its 10am, do you know where your SysAdmin is? (part deux)

The upgrade saga continues. I think it is probably just me. After getting some sleep last night, and sleeping in way late due to a 4 hour power outage at 4am killing my alarm clock I have some fresh perspective. I followed the upgrade doc and it didn't work. I completely removed and reinstalled and it worked, sort of...I have a support call in to Symantec because post-install the vcs.war file, which is used by the internal cluster webserver is missing and I can't find documentation on how to regenerate or re-install it (anyone, if anyone does read this, and can help please leave a comment). If I had time here would be my next steps (but I don't have time, these systems go live Monday, and I still have to re-gen the shared zone and configure the user environments):

* re-jump the machines with a fresh Solaris 10 6/06 image
* install on the virgin image

I am scheduled to upgrade another host today at 11am. Hope it goes smoother.

No comments: