9.12.2006

Politics { I Voted, So Should You

Here is a link to the Secretary of State's polling place locator.

MN has a 1 party primary, so you can only vote for the candidates in a single party, but that is ok, it is more like removing the wheat from the chaff.

This is the first election in my new home district (1st) and eventhough I had checked the box to be registered when I changed my driver's license, I had to register at the polling place. It was quick and easy and the people were nice. The election judge supervising the new ballot reading machine was funny as he had little confidence in the new machine since he had been overseeing elections since well before my time (this gave me a little pause as I am skeptical of provisions of the Help America Vote Act which has required new electronic counting machines in all places in MN), but things appeared to go off without a hitch. I was the first new registered voter for my precinct and the 7th to cast a vote total since the polls opened at 7am.

I have continued to do my civic duty.

On a side note, I was very disappointed that Bush took the anniversary of 9/11 to stump for his war in Iraq as if the two had anything to do with each other. Thanks Mr. Bush for exploiting the loss we as a country have suffered.

No comments: